incl. VAT | Shipping: € 25.00
- Order number: LP006
- Manufacturer: Lake People
- Delivery time : approx. 3 - 5 business days
The REFERENCE SERIES from Lake People covers absolutely high-level audio products with outstanding features, best technical data and perfect craftsmanship.
The headphone amp HPA RS 08 use the highly regarded and reliable technique of Violectric HPA V100 which is known and honored for its powerful and neutral sound. In case of HPA RS 08 four internal amps (left in phase / left out of phase / right in phase / right out of phase) are at work to support the connection of BALANCED HEADPHONES and to enable the typical wide sound stages. Of course all other features of our famous headphone amps can also be found here. In combination these are second to none:
Lowest Noise because of low internal gain. Therefore the self generated noise from the amplifier is not audible.
Highest output voltage swing through 60 Volt internal operating voltage. Therefore best suited for high impedance headphones. Over 90 % of all headphone amplifiers in the market offer not half that voltage !!
Highest output power because of powerful amplifiers able to deliver much more current a headphone needs. Therefore best suited for low impedance headphones and even magnetostatic cans !!
Highest damping factor through lowest output impedance. Therefore best suited for full control even over critical headphones with the garantee to have flatest possible response.
But there is even more !!
Pre-Gain means a 5-times adaptive gain setting on the back panel to customize your amp to match perfectly your source and your headphones.
The flexible input/output architecture
- You want to connect your source passively to following unit because you don´t want to switch on HPA RS 08 when you want to hear your speakers? No problem, set the internal jumper to “Passive Feedthrough”.
- You want to connect the next unit in an active way because you know that this is technically better? No problem, set the internal jumper to “active feedthrough”.
- You judge the abilities of HPA RS 08 so high that you want it to control your power amp or active speakers? No problem, set the internal jumper to “active feedthrough with volume control”.
Ingenious ? Ingenious ! The Features:
- Unbalanced inputs with gold-plated RCA connectors
- Unbalanced line-outputs with gold-plated RCA connectors
- PRE-GAIN = switchable input gain in five steps
- Line-outputs internally switchable to three modes:
Active feedthrough without volume control (pre fader)
Active feedthrough with volume control (post fader)
- ALPS RK27 High-Grade volume control
- High-Quality op-amps in the signal path
- High-quality MKP capacitors in the signal path
- 0.1 and 1% metal film resistors throughout the unit
- 2 x 2 power amps, each with 4 transistors
- 1 x balanced headphone out with 4-pin XLR connector
- 2 x unbalanced headphone out with 1/4" & 6.3 mm connector
- Relay-based delayed headphone output cut-off
- Toroidal transformer
- Large filtering capacitors in the power supply
- Switchable ground lift
- Rugged aluminum case, black anodized
- Aluminum front- and back panel
- Unblanced Inputs: 2, gold plated RCA connectors
- Max Input voltage: + 21 dBu
- Input Impedance: 10 kohms
- Unbalanced Outputs: 2, gold plated RCA connectors active or passive operation
- Amplifier Channels: 2 (Stereo)
- Nom. input level: + 6 dBu
- Amplifier Gain: +8 dB
- ... with PRE-GAIN: -12 / -6 / 0 / +6 / +12 dB (relative) -4 / +2 / +8 / +14 / +20 dB (absolute)
- Frequency range: 5 Hz ... 70 kHz (-0,5 dB) 3 Hz ... 200 kHz (- 3 dB)
- Output Impedance: < 0,15 Ohms unbal / 0,3 Ohms bal
- Damping Factor: 360 unbal / 180 bal (Load 50 Ohm)
- Dynamic range: > 127 dB (A-wtd)
- Noise: < -99 dBu (A-wtd)
- THD+N: < -99 dB / < 0,001 % (1 kHz / 2 x 10 V/ 100 Ohm = 1 W) < -99 dB / < 0,001 % ( 1 kHz / 2 x 4 V / 32 Ohm = 0,5 W)
- Crosstalk: < -105 / -90 dB (@ 1 / 15 kHz)
- Max. output level: 31,9 Veff in 600 ohms = 1700 mW ( 1 kHz / < 0,1 % THD+N) [nbsp 27,8 Veff in 300 Ohm = 2570 mW
- Both channels driven: 17,6 Veff in 100 Ohm = 3100 mW
- Balanced operation: 9,2 Veff in 50 ohms = 1680 mW (for unbal operation see data 6,2 Veff in 32 ohms = 1200 mW of HPA RS 02) 3,1 Veff in 16 ohms = 600 mW
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4" / 6.3 mm phone jacks
- Power supply: 230 or 115 V AC 15 VA
- Dimensions: 168 x 49 x 145 mm (W x H x D)
- Case Material: Black anodized aluminium