incl. VAT | Shipping: € 25.00
- Order number: SPL008
- Manufacturer: SPL
- Delivery time : approx. 3 - 5 business days
Performer s800 is a stereo power amplifier that delivers 2 x 285 W to 4 ohms loudspeakers. In bridge mode it delivers 450 W into 4 or 8 ohms.
- Bi polar transistor power amplifier with VOLTAiR 120V technology
- 2 x 285 W into 4 ohms; 2 x 185 W into 8 ohms (stereo operation)
- 450 W into 8 ohms (mono operation – Bridge Mode)
- Toroidal transformer with 855 VA
- 40800 µF capacitance for faithful reproduction of impulse peaks
- Gold-plated loudspeaker binding posts with protection covers
- Neutrik XLR connectors for balanced in- and outputs
- Direct slave through of the input (e.g. for bi-wiring)
- Input trim switch for attenuation up to -5.5 dB in 0.5 dB steps
- AMP CTL connector for remote power on/off switching (e.g. with Director or Phonitor x)
- Overheat protection with Temp LED
- DC (direct current) voltage protection with Protect LED
- Front and Lid made from aluminum, housing made from sheet metal
- Made in Germany
The Performer s800 amplifier is an ultra-compact power amplifier. Thanks to the VOLTAiR technology this power amplifier has absolute control over the speakers up to their load limits.
In stereo operation this bi-polar transistor power amplifier delivers up to 2x 285 W into 4 ohms speakers. In Bridge Mode it delivers 450 W into a 8 ohms speaker.
The Performer s800 is equipped with slave-through outputs and input trim switches.
The Performer s800 is equipped with a 855 VA toroidal transformer. After many listening test we are convinced that an fully analog power amplifier with a power supply built around a toroidal transformer sound superior to digital amplifiers and power amplifiers with switch mode power supplies.
The power supply is equipped with a capacitance of 40800 µF for screening and electricity storage for faithful reproduction of impulse peaks.
The Performer amplifier has a protection circuit against DC (direct current) voltage at the output and against overheating.
At about 70° C at the heat sink, the amplifier will switch off. After the temperature has fallen below 55° C, the amplifier automatically switches on again. The Temp LED on the front indicates the overheating.
If DC is detected at the outputs, the amplifier automatically switches off. DC voltage can be an indication for a defect in the power stage. The Performer s800 does not automatically switch on again. It needs to be disconnected from the power (on/off). The Protect LED on the front indicates that the protection circuit is activated and the power stage has been switched off.
Inputs and outputs
The Performer s800 is equipped with Neutrik XLR input and output connectors for balanced operation. The input signal is passively routed to the output connector to feed e.g. a second power amplifier for bi-wiring.
The input can be lowered via a Trim rotary switch from 0 dB to -5.5 dB in 0.5 dB steps. This is useful in order to a achieve an optimal stereo sweet-spot in acoustically sub-optimal rooms. In bi-wiring line-ups or in the studio with multi speaker sets it allows to level speakers with different efficiency to equal loudness.
The speaker outputs are gold plated binding post connectors. The terminals can accommodate both banana plugs, as well as a strand of up to 4mm diameter. To protect against short-circuits the Binding post is equipped with a clear plastic cap.
The Performer s800 has a 3.5mm mono jack designated as AMP CTR (amplifier control). With the appropriate cable, the Performer can be connected to a pre-amplifier, so that when you turn the pre-amplifier the amplifier is automatically switched on, too. In our Pro-Fi series the Director and the Phonitor x adequate AMP CTR ports.
Professional Fidelity • Pro-Fi-Serie
Performer s800 is part of our Pro-Fi series of products. Pro-Fi stands for Professional Fidelity and it expresses that these products have their roots in professional studio technology being optimized for high-fidelity music playback.
Mastering studios give your records and CDs the final tough – with SPL 120V technology. And because the Performer s800 is built with the same technology it belongs to best amplifiers. With its extraordinary specifications and enormous headroom Performer s800 amplifies audio in the most relaxed and detailed fashion.
- Line Inputs & Line Outputs
- Neutrik XLR, balanced, Pin 2 = (+)
- Input impedance: 10 kohms
- Input trimming: 0 dB to -5.5 dB in 0.5 dB steps
- Input sensitivity: +6 dBu
- Output impedance: defined by connected device
- Crosstalk: -110 dB (@1 kHz)
- Loudspeaker Outputs
- 2 pairs binding posts with ø4mm cable hole (screwable) and banana plug; fully encapsulated
- Output power
- 2x 285 W RMS into 4 ohms
- 2x 185 W RMS into 8 ohms
- 1x 450 W RMS into 8 ohms in bridge mode
- Output voltage
- 74 V Peak-to-Peak (stereo)
- 180 V Peak-to-Peak (bridge)
- 35 V RMS (stereo)
- 86 V RMS (bridge)
- Output impedance
- < 0.031, 20 Hz to 20 kHz (stereo)
- < 0.043, 20 Hz to 20 kHz (bridge)
- Damping factor
- > 300, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, at 8 ohms (stereo)
- > 190, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, at 8 ohms (bridge)
- Frequency response
- 9 Hz to 100 kHz +0, –0.03 dB
- < 9 Hz to 200 kHz +0, –3 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio
- > 118 dB (wide-band, unweighted, referred to full power output)
- > 123 dB (A-weighted)
- 26 dB (stereo)
- 32 dB (bridge)
- Total harmonic distortion
- < 0.03 % at 1 kHz, at 185 W, 8 ohms
- < 0.19 % at 20 kHz, at 185 W, 8 ohms
- < 0.011 % at 1 kHz, at 450 W, 8 ohms
- < 0.12 % at 20 kHz at 450 W, 8 ohms
- Power Supply
- Mains voltage (switchable): 230 V AC / 50 Hz or 115 V AC / 60 Hz
- Fuses: 230 V: T 4 A; 115 V: T 8 A
- Power consumption: max 900 VA
- Idle power consumption: 40 W
- Dimensions (incl. feet)
- 278 mm W x 100 mm H x 370 mm D
- 10.95" W x 3.94" H x 14.57" D
- 12.8 kg; 28.2 lbs (unit only)
- 14.0 kg; 30.9 lbs (shipping)
0 dBu = 0,775 V. Technische Änderungen vorbehalten.